Homemade Quinoa Chicken Nuggets
This is a great gluten free treat and so easy to make. Your kids will love you for it!
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 450g chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp. dried herbs, of choice
- Set oven to 180°C. Prepare a baking tray covered with baking paper and evenly spread out the cooked quinoa. Bake for around 20-25 minutes, checking often and stirring to avoid burning. Once quinoa is crispy, set aside to cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200°C.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl together with the Parmesan and herbs. Prepare a separate plate with the quinoa. Dip the chicken chunks first in the egg, then coat with the quinoa.
- Place the chicken nuggets on a baking tray covered with baking paper and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
If you have an airfryer, it will work lovely in there too!
Nutrition per serving: 224 kcal; 6g Fats10g Carbs; 33g Protein