Healthy Ferrero Rocher
Want to eat something sweet after dinner without the guilt… Try this healthy, guilt-free recipe that only takes 10 mins to make and 91 kcals per serving.
Prep: 10 mins
- 250 ml + 12 hazelnuts
- 30 ml cacao powder
- 30 ml agave syrup
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 30 ml dark chocolate chunks
- Add 1 cup of hazelnuts into a food processor and blitz until chopped into tiny pieces.
- Next, add the cacao powder, agave syrup, vanilla extract, sea salt and chocolate. Pulse until all the ingredients start to stick together. If the mixture is too dry, add 1-2 teaspoon of water.
- Roll the mixture into bite-size balls and insert one hazelnut into the centre of each ball.
- Serve straight away or store in the fridge for later.
Nutrition per 1 ferrero rocher:
What is the difference between Cocoa and Cacao?
Click on the link to read the insightful article.
The long and the short is: Cacao products — such as unsweetened cocoa powder, nibs and dark chocolate — are rich sources of minerals. Minimally processed, raw cacao products contain little or no added sugar and are higher in antioxidants than more highly processed products.