This mushroom soup will certainly give you that warm fuzzy feeling on a cold winters day. Enjoy as a starter or a larger portion as a main dish.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 punnet portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 punnet button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ½ cups mushroom or chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In the butter, fry all the mushrooms, onion and herbs until the mushrooms are soft. Set some aside for serving.
- Add the stock and reduce it by half.
- Add the cream, then season to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Serve topped with a few fried mushrooms.
Adapted from Rita Venter and kie’s amazing book called “Banting 7 day meal plans”.
- CALORIES: 138 kcals
- PROTEIN: 3.7 g
- CARBOHYDRATE: 8.48 g
- FAT: 10 g