Easy Oat and Carrot Cookies
Want a biscuit with some of your #dailydozen veggies in: Bake this for a healthy treat.
Makes 8 large
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 15 mins
Nutrition per serving:
Nutrition per cookie: 181 kcal; 7g Fats; 26g Carbs; 3g Protein
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 cup (100g) instant oats
- ⅔ cup (100g) whole-grain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp. (75ml) maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Mix the oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together, the egg, melted and cooled oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Fold in the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the finely grated carrot and mix again.
- Spoon the mixture (1 heaped tbsp. per cookie) onto a baking tray lined with paper and shape into rounds, leaving space between each cookie as they will spread slightly while cooking.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.