WHAT’S IN THE SUPPLEMENT?
1. The probiotics
2. And the prebiotics
1. THE PROBIOTICS
Probiotic supplements often contain only one or a few probiotic strains, however, the gut flora includes numerous naturally occurring organisms. The most commonly found are Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, but there are well over 400 other bacterial species, fungi (including yeasts), such as Saccharomyces boulardii and parasites.
PRO-PROBIOTICS contains 10 of the most common strains as each one has its own special talents and each contributes to a healthy intestinal environment.
• Bifidobacterium bifidum
• Bifidobacterium lactis
• Bifidobacterium longum
• Lactobacillus acidophilus
• Lactobacillus casei
• Lactobacillus fermentum
• Lactobacillus paracasei
• Lactobacillus plantarum
• Lactobacillus rhamnosus
• Saccharomyces boulardii
2. AND THE PREBIOTICS
Technically, prebiotics are soluble, non-digestible dietary fibres that good bacteria cling to and feed on. They move through the gut without being broken down. They then stick around to be fermented in the colon. This means that good bacteria have more to eat for longer and so the healthy flora flourish.
The Real Thing PRO-Probiotic has packed a two-course meal for the bacteria on board. It contains a unique combination of two natural prebiotics extracted from the chicory root:
• INULIN (50%). The good Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria digest inulin. Also, Bifidobacteria combined with inulin, produce short-chain fatty acids that lower the pH in the gut. This both inhibits bad bacteria and promotes calcium and magnesium absorption.
- OLIGOFRUCTOSE (50%). It’s a particularly good substrate for Bifidobacteria. And because it is not broken down in the stomach, it reaches the intestines intact, ready for your Probiotics to feast on.
WHAT MAKES PRO-PROBIOTIC THE REAL THING?What they put in it. Nothing but billions of colony forming units of beneficial probiotics with a chicory inulin, oligofructose prebiotic of 100% vegetable origin.
- What they don’t put in it. Binders, fillers, colourants, flavourants, preservatives, or additives of any kind.
- How it’s produced. All production and preparation is done according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards.
- How it’s packed. The probiotics are presented in a veggie capsule and kept refrigerated at all times to maintain viability.
BEFORE YOU TAKE PRO-PROBIOTIC
Do not take PRO-PROBIOTIC if you are allergic or hypersensitive to:
Any of the ingredients.
Speak to your doctor before taking PRO-PROBIOTIC if you:
- Are pregnant or breast-feeding (use cautiously or avoid).
- Are severely ill.
- Have a much weakened immune system.
- If you have severe active ulcerative colitis.
- If you have valvular heart disease.
Use cautiously if you have:
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- A systemic fungal infection
Before taking any supplement speak to a doctor or pharmacist, especially if you are taking other chronic medication or supplements or have a health condition.
Probiotics and Prebiotics are generally well tolerated, however they can exert a potentially powerful immune response and may cause temporary:
- upset stomach,
- bloating and gas,
- skin irritation
These symptoms are considered to be due to the “die-off” of the harmful bacteria, newly introduced probiotic intake and are identified as a positive healing process (or Herxheimer Reaction). If symptoms are difficult to tolerate, stop taking PRO-PROBIOTIC and reintroduce slowly.
Not all side effects reported for this medicine are included in this page. Should your general health worsen while taking this medicine, please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health care professional for advice.
HOW TO TAKE PRO-PROBIOTIC
Remember: Supplements should not replace a healthy, balanced and varied diet.
Adults and children: 1 capsule daily with a glass of water, unless directed otherwise by a medical practitioner. Antibiotics can reduce the efficacy of probiotics, therefore take the probiotics at least 2 hours before or after antibiotics. To maintain viability, store in a refrigerator and use before the expiry date.
If, by mistake, you take more PRO-PROBIOTIC than you should:
Stop taking the supplement and restart at the recommended dose a week later. In the event of over-dosage, side effects are more likely and may be exacerbated; consult your doctor or pharmacist. If that’s not possible, seek help at your nearest hospital or poison control centre.
If you forget to take PRO-PROBIOTIC for a day or two, don’t panic. Just start again at the regular daily dose. Don’t take a double dose to make up for lost time. And set a reminder on your phone. Remember that you may not achieve optimal benefits if you do not take PRO-PROBIOTIC regularly.
Effects when you stop taking PRO-PROBIOTIC
Keep in mind benefits and improvements you’ve gained from PRO-PROBIOTIC may decline if you stop taking it regularly.
PRESENTATION OF PRO-PROBIOTIC:
PRO-PROBIOTIC capsules are packed in amber round glass bottles with a black screw cap, sealed with a shrink sleeve. PRO-PROBIOTIC comes in containers of 30 capsules.
IDENTIFICATION OF PRO-PROBIOTIC:
PRO-PROBIOTIC is a clear, oval capsule containing a white/off-white powder.
STORING AND DISPOSING OF PRO-PROBIOTIC
• Store in a refrigerator.
• Do not use after the expiry date stated on the label/container.
• It’s a good idea to return any unused or expired capsules to your pharmacist for proper disposal.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN