Grain Free Nutty Granola
Try this delicious tropical grain free nutty granola. Have it with full cream plain yoghurt as breakfast in the morning.
Makes 7 cups
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 2 hours
Nutrition per serving:
173 kcal; 14g Fats; 10g Carbs; 4g Protein
Nutrition information is given per serving size of ¼ cup – 28 grams.
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- Orange, 2 tbsp. juice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pre-heat oven to 120°C and prepare 2 racks lined with baking sheets.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the pineapple, dates, orange juice, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Next, add in the coconut oil and blend again. Set aside.
- Chop up the almonds and cashew nuts and transfer into a large bowl. Add the coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, salt and mix well.
- Fold in the pineapple mix into the nuts and mix well until combined.
- Divide the wet granola between the two prepared baking sheets and spread into a thin layer
- Place into the oven and bake for around 2 hours. Give the granola a mix every 20 minutes and rotate the trays after 60 minutes of baking
- In the last 30 minutes, keep a close eye on the granola to prevent burning. Finish baking as granola turns golden brown. Cool to room temperature and transfer into airtight containers.
- The granola can be kept for a couple of weeks.